Thursday, September 4, 2008

The love for sacrifice!

I actually have discovered something about myself that I believe is essential to a successful and happy lifestyle. I have a deep love for sacrifice. What do I mean? Ok, so we are not always working where we want to work or doing things that are "cushy" but I've noticed that once you commit to the moment and make the sacrifices that allow for personal growth you'll be successful at the task at hand, whether you are where you currently want to be or not. I am working toward a very specific goal professionally(I keep that to myself because I only need good things being spoken into my existence) and I am not there yet, however the place I am professionally I have sacrificed certain levels of comfort to excel. It is my experience that the sacrifice does not have to even be directly related to your end goal! Committing to the moment allows one to be fulfilled right now! I think emptiness comes when there's an anticipation for what one desires and that anticipation breeds neglect for the place one is in currently. I am a committed person and I love to be great at whatever I am doing, I am however learning to not be in a place of constant anxiety and anxiousness. I love fashion with all my heart, the business aspects, the fun whimsical parts of it and I know that I'm great at what I add to the business. I do know that this is a very competitive industry and if I allow what I see others doing to rush my growth and progress I will definitely be outside of God's will. Knowing that things happen in seasons are so important. I charge all of you to love the sacrifice and enjoy the journey as I am allowing myself to do.Emptiness and self loathing takes up way too much time and energy, commit to the moment.

Now, I need to clarify that while in your commitment to the moment, don't get distracted. If you know that you are using a position to prepare you for another don't lose sight of the ultimate goal. Many people get stuck somewhere they hadn't intended for 10 -15 years, don't get in that rut! Stay focused, don't burn good bridges and love the moment, embrace your journey and pick up fabulous pairs of shoes on the way!
*Bi sou* Brooke

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the vibration that shakes your foundation, I say things most think but are afraid to say, I'm quirky and have idiosyncracies that make me unique. I love with the might of a thousand men, but can be the worst person you ever met if you cross me! I am secure in my insecurities, assured in my doubt and a lady beyond all else. I don't like living under anyone's spot light but my own. I dance to my own beat and take routes uncharted! I love you but am learning to love me first! This is me